University Project Portfolio provides a framework for intentional identification, selection, and execution of pan-institutional projects. In collaboration with the University community, the University Project Portfolio enhances coordination among pan-institutional projects for strategic alignment and desired outcomes. Portfolio management
Value for the Institution
- Enterprise planning, projects aligned with organizational goals to balance transformational and operational needs
- Comprehensive view of multiple projects to inform decisions
- Successful projects, delivering intended outcomes
Value for the University Community
- Access to consolidated information across projects
- Insight into collective changes that will impact stakeholders
Value for Projects
- Visibility into other project’s activities for proactive coordination and adjustments
- Forum to surface needs across projects and collaborate on resolution
- Community sharing and learning across projects
Project inclusion in the portfolio is based on these decision tree criteria: alignment, scope, capacity, and impact. Review the gating framework for a project from inception to closeout.
Organizational Excellence partners with functional sponsors/leaders, project teams, key stakeholders, the OE Leadership Council (OELC), and OE Executive Sponsors to facilitate the portfolio governance and process.
The OE Executive Sponsors and OELC provide direction and oversight - regularly monitoring progress, issues, and results.
Oversees projects in the portfolio through evaluation and selection, design and execution, implementation, and close out (gating framework)
Provides feedback/shapes key project elements throughout project life
Monitors portfolio and project progress
Assists with coordination among projects
When necessary, escalates issues and recommends actions for resolution to Executive Sponsors
For more information, contact Leann Burns, OE Portfolio Associate.
Various portfolio reports will be posted here to help inform the University community about individual projects and the dependencies among projects.
Project Timeline Report
The consolidated project timeline report (below) is updated monthly. Star icon denotes major project milestones. (Current as of 3/30/2020)
Stakeholder Impact Report
This ongoing report, assembled with the assistance of project managers whose projects are tracked in the portfolio, summarizes the individual project and cumulative impact of change on select groups. Updated monthly, this report will assist with coordination among projects and enhance the sharing of key information with the community.
(Current as of 1/16/2020)