OE wants you to recognize individuals or teams that exhibit the principles of OE in their daily work and contribute to an overall institutional culture of quality. All UVA faculty and staff can submit nominations through this peer-recognition program.
There are three categories for selection. Nominations should address one or more of these categories:
1. Leads Improvement
People or teams who show excellence in process improvement. This could be achieved by:
- Innovation of a process
- Streamlining a process
- Simplification of work
- Increasing the value of processes or services
2. Delivers High-Quality Customer Service
People or teams who show excellence in customer service. This could be achieved by:
- Providing exceptional service by going above and beyond
- Resolving a difficult customer concern
- Anticipating and developing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction
3. Establishes Productive Partnerships
People or teams who show excellence in collaboration with other areas and units across the University. This could be achieved by:
- Sharing knowledge and solutions
- Creating new and innovative networks to engage around Grounds
- Establishing and leading ways to work collaboratively and remove silo operations
Visit our gallery of past recipients
Complete the nomination form with as much detail as possible. Please elaborate on process names, specific tasks completed for improvement, any obstacles encountered, innovative approaches taken, and metrics to prove the process was successful (e.g. time savings, cost savings, customer satisfaction).
If your nomination is successful, we'll contact you and the recipient and invite you both to attend an award ceremony.
- A congratulatory letter (also sent to their manager), a framed certificate of recognition, and a small gift
- Formal recognition at a Quality CORE Network session, on the OE website, and in the OE Annual Report
Have a question? Email OE.