Ufirst is a multi-year HR transformation project to deliver high-quality, customer-centric services. The Academic Division, the Health System, and the College at Wise are joining forces to re-imagine HR at the University of Virginia.
Ufirst project mission: to deliver a high level of coordinated services, including user-friendly technology, outstanding reporting & analytics, excellent customer service, and an exceptional employment experience across Grounds.
Workday, the new HR information system, will help create efficient and effective HR processes. Expected implementation is FY 2019 with various incremental improvements to HR processes, policies, and systems along the way.
- HR processes & procedures: Streamlined, electronic processes that save time and energy
- Organizational structure: A centralized division for all HR professionals
- Service delivery: High quality and consistent services delivered to all customers
- HR technology: State-of-the-art technology that will change the way HR works
Sean Jackson serves as the project executive director.
- Pat Hogan - Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Richard Shannon - Executive Vice President for Health Affairs
- Dr. Tom Katsouleas - Executive Vice President and Provost
Strategic operations committee members:
- Chair: Kelley Stuck, Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Sarah Collie - Associate Vice President of Organizational Excellence
- Virginia Evans - Chief Information Officer, Academic Division
- Bradley Haws - Chief Executive Officer, University Physicians Group
- Kathy Peck - Chief Operating Officer, School of Medicine
- Dr. Allan Stam - Dean, Frank Batten School of Leadership
- Pam Sutton-Wallace - Chief Executive Officer, Health System
- Anda Webb - Vice Provost for Administration and Chief of Staff
Learn more about the Ufirst project.