Lead Partner: Human Resources
Ufirst is a multi-year HR transformation project that will deliver high-quality, customer-centric services. The Academic Division, the Health System, and the College at Wise are joining forces to re-imagine HR at the University of Virginia.
The Ufirst project mission: to deliver a high level of coordinated services including user-friendly technology, outstanding reporting & analytics, excellent customer service, and an exceptional employment experience across Grounds.
Ufirst will create efficient and effective HR processes with the help of a new HR information system. Expected implementation is FY 2018 with various incremental improvements to HR processes, policies, and systems along the way.
- HR processes & procedures: Streamlined, electronic processes that save time and energy
- Organizational structure: A centralized division for all HR professionals
- Service delivery: High quality and consistent services delivered to all customers
- HR technology: State of the art HR technology that will change the way we do HR work
Sean Jackson serves as the project executive director.
Executive sponsors include:
- Pat Hogan - Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Richard Shannon - Executive Vice President for Health Affairs
- Dr. Tom Katsouleas - Executive Vice President and Provost
Strategic operations committee members include:
- Chair: Kelley Stuck, Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Sarah Collie - Associate Vice President of Organizational Excellence
- Virginia Evans - Chief Information Officer, Academic Division
- Bradley Haws - Chief Executive Officer, University Physicians Group
- Kathy Peck - Chief Operating Officer, School of Medicine
- Dr. Allan Stam - Dean, Frank Batten School of Leadership
- Pam Sutton-Wallace - Chief Executive Officer, Health System
- Anda Webb - Vice Provost for Administration and Chief of Staff
Learn more about the Ufist team.