The Office of Organizational Excellence wants you to recognize individuals or teams that exhibit the principles of OE in their daily work, and contribute to an overall institutional culture of quality. This is a peer-recognition program for those delivering quality while engaging the principles of OE at UVA. Everyone has an opportunity to advance excellence!
Who is eligible?
Nominations are open to all UVA individuals (staff, faculty, students) and also to teams.
Who Can Nominate?
Anyone can nominate an individual or team for the Spotlight award - peers, managers, customers, parents, students - this is a way for anyone part of the UVA community to recognize excellence.
Criteria for Selection
There are three categories for selection. Nominations should address at least one (or more) of these categories:
1. Leads Improvement
This category is for people or teams who show excellence in process improvement. This could be achieved by:
- Innovation of a process
- Streamlining a process
- Simplification of work
- Increasing the value of processes or services.
2. Delivers High Quality Customer Service
This category is for people or teams who show excellence in customer service. This could be achieved by:
- Providing exceptional service by "going above and beyond"
- Resolving a difficult customer concern
- Anticipating and developing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction
3. Establishes Productive Partnerships
This category is for people or teams who show excellence in collaboration with other areas and units across the University. This could be achieved by:
- Sharing knowledge and solutions
- Creating new and innovative networks to engage around Grounds
- Establishing and leading ways to work collaboratively and remove silo operations
How to Nominate
Nominations can be submitted via the on-line nomination form. It is important that you provide as much detail as possible to support the nomination.
If you want to nominate someone for process improvement you could name the process being improved, specifically what the person or team did to make the improvement, obstacles they may have encountered, innovative approaches they may have taken, and a measurable way that one could tell the process has been improved (eg., time savings, cost savings, customer satisfaction).
Visit our Gallery Of Past Recipients
Complete the on-line nomination form by clicking the link below. Nominations are reviewed each month. If your nomination is successful, we will contact you and the recipient, and invite you both to attend an award ceremony. Recipients of the award will receive:
- A letter of congratulations with a copy also sent to their manager
- A framed certificate of recognition
- A small "celebration" gift
- Formal recognition at a Quality CORE event
- Formal recognition on the OE Website - Gallery of Spotlight Recipients
- Formal recognition in the OE Annual Report