The Office of Organizational Excellence wants you to recognize individuals or teams that exhibit the principles of OE in their daily work, and contribute to an overall institutional culture of quality. All UVA individuals (staff, faculty, students) are eligible for nomination through this peer-recognition program.
Nominate a deserving colleague today.
Who Can Nominate?
Anyone can nominate an individual or team to recognize excellence within the UVA community.
Criteria for Selection
There are three categories for selection. Nominations should address at least one (or more) of these categories:
1. Leads Improvement
This category is for people or teams who show excellence in process improvement. This could be achieved by:
- Innovation of a process
- Streamlining a process
- Simplification of work
- Increasing the value of processes or services
2. Delivers High-Quality Customer Service
This category is for people or teams who show excellence in customer service. This could be achieved by:
- Providing exceptional service by going above and beyond
- Resolving a difficult customer concern
- Anticipating and developing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction
3. Establishes Productive Partnerships
This category is for people or teams who show excellence in collaboration with other areas and units across the University. This could be achieved by:
- Sharing knowledge and solutions
- Creating new and innovative networks to engage around Grounds
- Establishing and leading ways to work collaboratively and remove silo operations
Visit our Gallery Of Past Recipients
Complete the online nomination form. Please provide as much detail as possible to support the nomination. For example, if you want to nominate someone for process improvement, please name the process, specify what the person or team did to make the improvement, obstacles they may have encountered, innovative approaches they may have taken, and a measurable way that one could tell the process has been improved (e.g. time savings, cost savings, customer satisfaction).
Nominations are reviewed each month. If your nomination is successful, we'll contact you and the recipient, and invite you both to attend an award ceremony.
- A letter of congratulations with a copy sent to their manager
- A framed certificate of recognition
- A small gift
- Formal recognition at a Quality CORE Network session
- Formal recognition on the OE Website - Gallery of Spotlight Recipients
- Formal recognition in the OE Annual Report
Have a question? Email us.