Gift Processing Services aims to increase efficiency and effectiveness of managing donors' gifts and pledges.Through the consolidation of services, UVA now has a single Gift Processing Center serving the University and its foundations.
Opened in March 2016, the center processes thousands of transactions each month, and provides improved responsiveness and service to donors. The project is focused on continuous improvement as the revised processes are embedded in operational activities that focus on readiness for the University's Bicentennial campaign.
The goal of the Gift Processing Services Center (GPS) is to provide the University community with gift processing services that meet or exceed industry benchmarks in accuracy, productivity, timeliness, and customer service.
GPS has delivered:
- A Center of Excellence for gift processing
- 20+ streamlined and simplified processes
- Improved responsiveness to donors
- Faster processing of donations
The current phase concentrates on a more efficient and streamlined processes in support of the Bicentennial campaign.
- Gift Processing Center opened (March 2016)
- Improvement of processes to support Bicentennial campaign readiness (Fall - Winter 2016)
Phil Porter, director of University Foundation Relations, serves as project manager.